Republic of the Congo: Engage in Community Development Among the Vili
Join an exciting movement of the gospel.Apply
Join in community development work with an existing Alliance Missions aXcess team to reach the Vili, a formerly resistant people group that is now more receptive to the gospel. God is opening the ears and hearts of the Vili to His story, and they are anxious to grow and share the good news with the rest of their people. Along with the established team, you will help the Vili develop strategies to thrive as individuals and as a community of believers in a challenging economy.
• CAMA worker
• Partially funded (requested to raise partial support)
• Work with village orality-based outreach centers the team has established in conjunction with the local church
• Help local churches develop plans by which they can self-fund the centers and help villages develop needed services such as agricultural, animal husbandry, fisheries, or clean water
• A recognized bachelor’s degree
• A degree in development and/or relevant life experience
• Completion of World Perspectives Mission Course or other comparable mission course
• Completion of Alliance Polity course
• A minimum Modern Language Aptitude Test (MLAT) score of 40 or higher
• Bachelor’s or graduate level degree in the field of international development and/or agriculture, animal husbandry, creating handicrafts, or small business enterprise
• Orality training helpful
• Prior knowledge of French
Biblical Characteristics Desired:
• Ability to articulate personal conversion and call to ministry
• Demonstrated heart for the poor and marginalized (Micah 6:8)
• Theological alignment with The Alliance
• Demonstrated flexibility and grace in all aspects of life
• Vibrant spiritual life and consistent practice of spiritual disciplines
• Ability to learn and recover from failure
Timeline for deployment:
Summer 2021: Once appointed and fund-raising and other qualifications are met, the appointee is required to attend a cross-cultural and language acquisition program and Pre-Field Orientation prior to deploying
Housing accommodations will be in Pointe Noire, while the primary work will be carried out in various Vili villages outside that city.
Language is an essential part of ministry. For those who do not know the language, one year of French language study in Albertville, France, is required, possibly followed by study of the local languages of Kituba and/or Vili, depending on length of service.
Medical care is limited in this country.
Expectations for Spouse:
Spousal roles vary based on the spouse’s gifts, training, and abilities, as well as the needs of the team. It is expected that both spouses will be meaningfully involved in meeting team objectives, depending on the nature of the family roles, children’s needs, etc.
Children’s Educational Plan and Options:
Home schooling is available for grades K–7 as well as boarding school options for grades 8–12.
The successful applicant(s) will receive a full compensation package with the expectation that, once appointed, efforts will be made to raise a portion of support costs through the applicant’s network of friends and family, local church, or other resources. Information on support costs will be made available upon application. Training and/or coaching in fund-raising is available.
CAMA Services is the relief and development specialization of Alliance Missions. As part of an evangelical denomination, we are committed to biblical holism, which we are committed to model and reflect through our work. Due to this commitment, part of the required qualifications includes optimal emotional, spiritual and physical health. These will be assessed during the application process.
Applicants should be aware that serving in the international world often requires a higher degree of grace and flexibility. For example, overseas teams can be suddenly and unexpectedly impacted by illness, government decisions, financial realities, team changes, or other factors beyond the team’s control. The challenge for applicants is that these factors can sometimes necessitate the sudden redefining of a position, which may take place before, during, or after the application/interview process.
Please write Pat Altemose at firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply