Burkina Faso: Minister with Holistic Discipleship, Community Development, and Mercy
Minister to the at-risk and vulnerable
Please contact Pat Altemose at
Minister to the at-risk and vulnerable through community development in partnership with the Alliance national church on an aXcess team.
- CAMA worker
- Partially funded
- Single or couple
- Minister to at-risk and overlooked peoples
- Develop youth technical and job-training programs
- Work to provide wells for village church-planting efforts when possible
- Assist in relief work for famine, poverty, and civil unrest
- Facilitate social formation programs for community development
- Partner with church structures to serve the growing number of IDPs
- A recognized bachelor’s degree
- Completion of Perspectives Mission course or other comparable mission course
- Completion of Alliance Polity course
- A minimum Modern Language Aptitude Test (MLAT) score of 40 or higher
- Development work experience
- Bachelor’s or graduate-level degree in the field of international development and/or agriculture, animal husbandry, creating handicrafts, or small business enterprise
- Prior knowledge of French
- Ability to articulate personal conversion and call to ministry
- Demonstrated heart for the poor and marginalized (Micah 6:8)
- Theological alignment with The Alliance
- Demonstrated flexibility and grace in all aspects of life
- Vibrant spiritual life and consistent practice of spiritual disciplines
- Ability to learn and recover from failure
Timeline for deployment:
Summer 2023 or earlier. Once appointed, and fundraising and other qualifications are met, the appointee is required to attend a cross-cultural and language-acquisition program and Pre-Field Orientation prior to deploying
Housing accommodations will be in Bobo-Dioulasso with much of the work in the surrounding regions.
World Factbook- Burkina Faso
The Joshua Project- Burkina Faso
Language is an essential part of ministry. For those who do not know French, one year of French language study in Albertville, France is required, followed by a year of Jula language study after arriving in Burkina Faso.
While medical expertise is limited in Bobo-Dioulasso, there are better options in Ouagadougou, the capital.
Expectations for Spouse:
Spousal roles vary, based on the spouse’s gifts, training, and abilities, as well as the needs of the team. It is expected that both spouses will be meaningfully involved in meeting team objectives, depending on the nature of the family roles, children’s needs, etc.
Children’s Educational Plan and Options:
There is a French-language international school, which is a great option for younger children. Many families homeschool and are open to co-op style teaching. Older students have the possibility of attending boarding school in a neighboring country.
The successful applicants will receive a full compensation package with the expectation that, once appointed, efforts will be made to raise a portion of support costs through the applicant’s network of friends and family, local church, or other resources. Information on support costs will be made available upon application. Training and/or coaching in fund-raising is available.
CAMA Services is the relief and development specialization of Alliance Missions. As part of an evangelical denomination, we are committed to modeling and reflecting biblical holism through our work. Because of this commitment, part of the required qualifications includes optimal emotional, spiritual, and physical health. These will be assessed during the application process.
Applicants should be aware that serving in the international world often requires a higher degree of grace and flexibility. For example, overseas teams can be suddenly and unexpectedly impacted by illness, government decisions, financial realities, team changes, or other factors beyond the team’s control. The challenge for applicants is that these factors can sometimes necessitate the sudden redefining of a position, which may take place before, during, or after the application/interview process has begun or is completed.
Please contact Pat Altemose at email@example.com.