El Salvador: Develop At-Risk Youth
Develop programs to impart valuable work skills
Please contact CAMA at
Come alongside at-risk youth to improve their long-term prospects in life and help them not yield to the pressure to join a gang. You will work with a dynamic, young Envision team in San Salvador. Your work will be to help develop programs to impart valuable work skills that lead to employment and encourage entrepreneurship.
- CAMA worker
- Partially funded
- Single or couple
- Coach and equip youth in hands-on job training
- Develop a micro-finance program to empower young entrepreneurs
- Partner with the Envision team to provide a holistic approach to community development
- A recognized bachelor’s degree
- Completion of Perspectives Mission Course or another comparable mission course
- Completion of Alliance Polity course
- Degree, certificate, or experience in community development
- A minimum Modern Language Aptitude Test (MLAT) score of 35
- Experience in urban development
- Experience in mentoring or coaching young people
- Experience with small-business development
- Equipped with a high level of teamwork skills
- Ability to articulate personal conversion and call to gospel ministry
- Demonstrated heart for the poor and marginalized (Micah 6:8)
- Theological alignment with The Alliance
- Demonstrated flexibility and grace in all aspects of life
- Vibrant spiritual life with consistent practice of spiritual disciplines
- Ability to learn and recover from failure
Timeline for Deployment:
Summer/fall of 2024. Following appointment, and once fundraising goals and other qualifications are met, the appointee is required to attend a cross-cultural and language-acquisition program and pre-field orientation prior to deploying.
General Information, living and working conditions, and status of Christian witness:
World Facebook – El Salvador
The Joshua Project – El Salvador
Language is an essential part of ministry. The applicant(s) will receive one year of intensive language and cultural study, followed by tutoring or language coaching on the ground in San Salvador. The goal will be to speak, read, and write the language at a functional level.
Many doctors are U.S.-educated and trained and speak excellent English. Surgeries are available and safe to do in-country. However, air quality can be poor due to smog. Those with severe asthma would likely find long-term living here difficult.
Expectations for Spouse:
Spousal roles vary based on the spouse’s gifts, training, and abilities, as well as the needs of the team. It is expected that both spouses will be meaningfully involved in meeting team objectives, depending on the nature of the family roles, children, etc.
Children’s Educational Plan and Options:
Private schools in San Salvador are excellent and affordable.
The successful applicant(s) will receive a full compensation package with the expectation that, once appointed, efforts will be made to raise a portion of support costs through the applicant’s network of friends, family, local church, or other resources. Information on support costs will be made available upon application. Training and/or coaching in fundraising is available.
Applicant(s) should be aware that serving in the international world often requires a higher degree of grace and flexibility. For example, overseas teams can be suddenly and unexpectedly impacted by illness, government decisions, financial realities, team changes, or other factors beyond the team’s control. The challenge for applicants is that these factors can sometimes necessitate the sudden redefining of a position, which may take place before, during, or after the application/interview process has begun or is completed.
CAMA Services is the relief and development specialized structure of Alliance Missions. As part of an evangelical denomination, we are committed to biblical holism, which is modeled and reflected through our work. Due to this commitment, part of the required qualifications includes optimal emotional, spiritual, and physical health. These will be assessed during the application process.