Ukraine: Reconstruction and Redevelopment
Help oversee the reconstruction and redevelopment work after the end of the Ukraine-Russia Conflict
Once the war ends, the country of Ukraine will start to rebuild. The successful applicant(s) will oversee the reconstruction and redevelopment work in and around Kyiv and work closely with national church leadership, aXcess workers, and Envision workers. Work will include rebuilding and redevelopment of both Christian and non-Christian homes and businesses while sharing the love of Christ in word and deed.
- CAMA worker
- Partially funded (requested to raise partial support)
- Single or couple
- Collaborate with the national church leaders on planning and coordinating efforts
- Handle financial and scheduling aspects of multiple and varied rebuilding projects
- Coordinate with aXcess and Envision colleagues to utilize short-term teams from Alliance churches
- Communicate regularly with Alliance Missions leadership regarding the work being undertaken and completed.
- Be a liaison between the AWF churches in Ukraine, U.S. fellowships, and the National Office
- A recognized bachelor’s degree
- Completion of Alliance Polity course
- Completion of the World Perspectives Mission Course (minimum of certificate level) or equivalent
- A minimum Modern Language Aptitude Test (MLAT) score of 60
- Ability to fundraise for short- and long-term projects
- Experience working cross-culturally in a disaster area
- Experience working across AM specializations
- Prior knowledge of Ukrainian or Russian language and culture
- Ability to work through translators with several different personalities if you do not speak Russian or Ukrainian
Biblical Characteristics Desired:
- Ability to articulate personal conversion and call to gospel ministry
- Demonstrated heart for the poor and marginalized (Micah 6:8)
- Theological alignment with The Alliance
- Demonstrated flexibility and grace in all aspects of life
- Vibrant spiritual life with consistent practice of spiritual disciplines
- Ability to learn and recover from failure
Timeline for Deployment:
Summer/fall of 2024. Following appointment, and once fundraising goals and other qualifications are met, the appointee is required to attend a cross-cultural and language-acquisition program and pre-field orientation prior to deploying.
Ukraine’s population is overwhelmingly Christian with the vast majority identifying as Orthodox.
World Factbook – Ukraine
The Joshua Project – Ukraine
Language is an essential part of ministry. It would be helpful to speak and write Russian or Ukrainian though this is not a requirement for the position. Being culturally aware and able to work through translation will be very important.
Emerging from the recent war, be aware there is air and water pollution, land degradation, biodiversity loss, deforestation, lack of solid waste management, and possible radiation contamination in the northeast from the 1986 accident at Chornobyl’s Nuclear Power Plant.
Expectations for Spouse:
Spousal roles vary based on the spouse’s gifts, training, and abilities as well as the needs of the team. It is expected that both spouses will be meaningfully involved in meeting ministry objectives depending on the nature of family roles, children, etc.
Children’s Educational Plan and Options:
This role is more suited for a single or couple without school-age children.
The successful applicant(s) will receive a full compensation package with the expectation that, once appointed, efforts will be made to raise a portion of support costs through the applicant’s network of friends, family, local church, or other resources. Information on support costs will be made available upon application. Training and/or coaching in fundraising is available.
Applicant(s) should be aware that serving in the international world often requires a higher degree of grace and flexibility. For example, overseas teams can be suddenly and unexpectedly impacted by illness, government decisions, financial realities, team changes, or other factors beyond the team’s control. The challenge for applicants is that these factors can sometimes necessitate the sudden redefining of a position, which may take place before, during, or after the application/interview process has begun or is completed.
CAMA Services is the relief and development specialized structure of Alliance Missions. As part of an evangelical denomination, we are committed to biblical holism, which is modeled and reflected through our work. Due to this commitment, part of the required qualifications includes optimal emotional, spiritual, and physical health. These will be assessed during the application process.